The TAP (Training and Placement) program is the main program under the GoTEFL branch. The TAP program was founded as the result of a partnership with MediaKids Academy, a large teacher placement agency that has been operating in Thailand for over 16 years.
The total cost of the TAP program is $1,800; however MediaKids Academy generously provide a $600 subsidy, leaving only $1,200 left for you to pay.
To join the TAP program, you are required to meet certain criteria:
To qualify for the program you need to be;
- 21 – 45 years old
- A native speaker of English*
- A degree holder
- Able to commit to a 4-month teaching contract (with option to renew every semester)
- Available to arrive in Thailand for training March/April or September/October (the Thai schools terms begin May and November)
NOTE! If you don’t meet these criteria there are alternative options. We have plenty of other regular jobs to fill, with similar benefits. You can sign up to the standard UniTEFL 120-hour course and they will likely find you a job locally.
*Limited positions are available for non-native speakers of English.
If you do not meet the criteria, we have other options available to you under our UniTEFL branch.
The GoTEFL TAP Program offers:
- 4 week in-class course
- 6 full teaching practicals in a real Thai classroom
- TEFL International certificate (accredited)
- UniTEFL International certificate
- Guaranteed job placement
- Subsidized training cost
- Accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Weekend excursion
- Transportation coverage (airport – hotel)
- Thai SIM-card
For those that qualify, you will be required to send the following to us;
- A short video introducing yourself and stating why you would like to join the GoTEFL program to teach in Thailand; this can be sent as an attachment or a URL link
- Resume/CV (including age, qualifications, and experience)
- A copy of your university degree
- A copy of your university transcripts
- A copy of your passport ID page
- 2 recent photos: one professional and one informal