The TAP (Training and Placement) program is the main program under the GoTEFL branch. The TAP program was founded as the result of a partnership with MediaKids Academy, a large teacher placement agency that has been operating in Thailand for over 16 years.
The total cost of the TAP program is $1,800; however MediaKids Academy generously provide a $600 subsidy, leaving only $1,200 left for you to pay.
Here is the recommended procedure:
- Arrange a chat with us to ask more questions about the program so you can be sure this program is really for you.
- Send us a brief CV of any relevant skills and experience, with copies of your qualifications, 2 recent photos (one ‘professional’ style and one your best selfie), and a short written or youtube motivation on why you want to teach English abroad.
- Within 6-12 working days we can let you know if you’ve been shortlisted for a Skype interview.
- Shortly after that we can confirm an offer, and discuss with you a preference for school or location.
- Once you’ve accepted the position, we will invoice you $1,200 via PayPal, so that we can book you in on the training course and reserve your accommodation.
- Start booking your flights and packing to arrive in time for the course start (in March/April or September/October)
Note! If you wish to come to Thailand earlier, you’re welcome to join one of the regular UniTEFL courses we run, and then spend time travelling and discovering the country before the school term begins. We may even be able to arrange some volunteer work beforehand.
To join the TAP program, you are required to meet certain criteria:
To qualify for the program you need to be;
- 21 – 45 years old
- A native speaker of English*
- A degree holder
- Able to commit to a 4-month teaching contract (with option to renew every semester)
- Available to arrive in Thailand for training March/April or September/October (the Thai schools terms begin May and November)
NOTE! If you don’t meet these criteria there are alternative options. We have plenty of other regular jobs to fill, with similar benefits. You can sign up to the standard UniTEFL 120-hour course and they will likely find you a job locally.
*Limited positions are available for non-native speakers of English.
The GoTEFL TAP Program offers:
- 4 week in-class course
- 6 full teaching practicals in a real Thai classroom
- TEFL International certificate (accredited)
- UniTEFL International certificate
- Guaranteed job placement
- Subsidized training cost
- Accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Weekend excursion
- Transportation coverage (airport – hotel)
- Thai SIM-card
For those that qualify, you will be required to send the following to us;
- A short video introducing yourself and stating why you would like to join the GoTEFL program to teach in Thailand; this can be sent as an attachment or a URL link
- Resume/CV (including age, qualifications, and experience)
- A copy of your university degree
- A copy of your university transcripts
- A copy of your passport ID page
- 2 recent photos: one professional and one informal